Latrobe Cricket Club is currently reviewing its player expectations as we have a new club committee. However, below are the current expectations we have of players:
1. Training: All players are expected to attend every training session. If you are unable to attend training for any reason, you are to contact your Coach prior to the training session.
2. Club Uniform: Players are required to wear their LCC polo shirt to games. One-Day shirts are to be worn for warm-ups (as well as for One-Day/Twenty-20 matches). A neat and tidy appearance should be maintained at all times, which includes tucking in playing shirts.
3. Meeting Times: Players in 1st and 2nd Grade must be at their ground one hour before the starting time, ready to remove the covers (if at home) and begin their warm-up promptly. Players in lower grades are asked to be at their ground at least 30 minutes before their starting time. If you are going to be late for any reason, please let your Captain/Coach know.
4. Standards of Behaviour: Latrobe Cricket Club is a family-friendly, community club. To that end, any anti-social behaviour, excessive use of bad language or failure to set an appropriate example for our younger members will not be tolerated.
5. Umpires: Everyone is expected to respect (and not dispute) all umpiring decisions, ragardless of whether you agree with the decision or not. Only the captain will talk to umpires about decisions.
6. Team Spirit: Arguing with team-mates will not be tolerated, at training or at games. We are all here to do our best and no-one deliberately means to make a mistake. While we may have different ideas and personalities, it is only by working together that success will come.
7. Club Facilities: All members are asked to treat club facilities and equipment with respect, which includes ensuring equipment used at training is returned/put away at the end of sessions. Cleaning of our facilities is done by volunteers, so please help them out by putting your rubbish in the bin.
8. Striving for Success: Latrobe Cricket Club participates in the premier competition in our region, so this should be reflected in the effort you put into being the best cricketer you possibly can be. It is expected players will put in the necessary effort at training, their own preparation and in games to help the club achieve success.
9. Cover Duty: Covering the square on Friday evenings is compulsory for 1st & 2nd Grade players. If it is your turn to do it, make sure you turn up at 6.30pm and ensure the whole square is covered and pegged down. If you cannot attend, you must arrange to swap with someone as early as possible.
10. Financial Commitments: As a non-profit organisation Latrobe Cricket Club operates on a tight budget. Players are asked to pay their player subscriptions (which pay for balls, umpires, etc.) prior to playing their first match. Those not meeting these commitments will be ineligible to play until their subscriptions are paid.
11. Afternoon Tea: Players in 1st & 2nd Grade playing 2-Day matches at Latrobe Recreation Ground are asked to bring a plate of food for afternoon tea on each day. Players not bringing a plate are asked to pay $2.00 to cover food that will need to be bought.