Latrobe Cricket Club's Committee performs a wide range of duties, including the following:
- Securing sponsorship
- Player recruitment and retention
- Appointment of Captains and Coaches
- Managing finances
- Fund raising
- Running the club bar and canteen
- Maintenance of club facilities
- Organisation and management of club teams
- Encouraging participation in cricket from a young age
- Managing the club website
These duties are performed by a small group of dedicated volunteers, made up of:
Executive: President, Vice-Presidents, Treasurer, Secretary
General Committee: Members with specific areas of responsibility
As the club expands to incorporate even more teams and areas of responsibility we are in need of more people to join the committee. In particular, we would like additional support in:
- Establishing a bar & canteen sub-committee
- Creating a junior cricket sub-committee to cricket from ages 5-17
- Creating a Girl's/Women's Cricket sub-committee
Our current committee is made up of 10 members, which meets each fortnight during the season, and each month throughout the off-season. Ideally we would like to increase this to 20 members to spread the work load and not burden any one individual.
If you have the skills, time and/or motivation to assist Latrobe Cricket Club, please contact President Darren Nicolle on 0408 262 971.
We'd love to have you on board!